Provider components of the 2011 Quality Program
Our Quality Program (QP) Committee has developed standards and performance goals to measure the care and service provided to our members.
Participation in QP activities is required as part of your agreement with Regence. As a participating physician or other health care professional, you may be requested to:
- Allow site visits
- Participate in access and availability surveys
- Provide feedback in the development of clinical practice guidelines
- Review and give feedback on proposed or ongoing clinical activities
- Cooperate with investigation of quality-of-care concerns or complaints
- Provide evidence of preventive health promotion and adherence to our clinical standards
- Supply data for various medical record audits, such as the annual Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) audit
This year, we are focusing on improving the following clinical quality activities:
- Diabetic care
- Cultural competency
- Emergency room use
- Osteoporosis managment
- Cholesterol monitoring and management
- Influenza and pneumococcal vaccine rates for Regence MedAdvantage members
We look forward to collaborating with providers on these intiatives. We appreciate your participation and your shared commitment to provide the highest quality of care to our members.
If you have any feedback or suggestions, or would like a copy of the Regence 2011 Quality Improvement Program, contact Kay Tainter at (253) 382-7648 or via email.
Return to newsletter index »